Friday, December 24, 2010

eVe

I love Christmas eVe almost as much as I love Christmas! Rich with traditions and lots of laughter, I look forward to this day every year! I love thinking about Santa coming and getting ready for him. As a little girl we would go to my Grandma Gerri's house at night for dinner and bingo (usually winners got a yummy big candy bar and bragging rights for the night) and to open our gifts from her, and then to Christmas street and Bible street on the way home! The last 6 years or so, when my grandma got sick and passed away, we have moved it to my parents house for the same traditions... a yummy dinner, Bingo (only now its "high stakes" or "white elephant" bingo), Christmas jammies for the kids, and sibling gift exchange!
Also now on Christmas eVe, we get to go to a brunch with Ryan's family in the morning and get our Christmas jammies! This year we went to Kneaders for our yummy breakfast (love their french toast and caramel syrup and really love their hot chocolate! its my favorite right now! I can't get enough of it, and don't even wanna think of the calorie content) and had a fun time chatting it up and I must say the pick on the jammies this year was awesome! My kids and I have lived in them ever since we got them! Thanks Steph!









On to my parents for lots of laughs and good food... on the menu were my famous ribs, turkey and ham, potato salad, beans, corn, and my chocolate cake for dessert! The kids loved their jammies and had a great time running, literally running around and screaming, with their cousins. Mackay and Dallas looked awesome in the Christmas sweaters! And we had a great time at Bingo this year! Mitchell won the best gifts... Dallas put in the funniest pictures of my parents making faces and Mitchell got both of them at different times! too funny... Brodie got the Tow Nutz, that were meant for my dads Vespa, but still funny. Mason won the bopit, Ryan won the LaCaille gift card and I got a neck massager! PERFECT!!! Mitchell also put in the most exciting gift... a picture of their sonogram of their new baby due in July!!! So excited for them. So that makes all 4 of my brothers having a baby next year! I cant tell you how hard we laughed all night! Contributing to the laughs was the present that all us kids went in on for my parents... we converted some of their home video tapes to DVDs for them. So after dinner we started watching them! Major laughs! I was sooooooo grumpy as a 14 year old! Unbelievable! all I can say is... my poor parents! But we loved listening to what brats we were and taking a trip down memory lane! It was a great night and a fun way to start the Christmas festivities!









No comments:

Post a Comment