Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

Wow! Another year bites the dust! What a year it was... full of ups and downs and twists and turns and honestly part of me is glad to be moving on. But also grateful for the ability to look back and be humble and grateful for trials (well some trials) and have the ability to look at them and want them to shape and mold me and allow the Lord to teach me the things I need to learn so that I can walk through the refiners fire. So that's how I am looking at it... 2010 (especially the beginning and the end) was a chance to be refined :) And I hope and pray I can be a better person and be able to take my experiences and share them for the good or with others that might need someone who can understand.
So on to some more fun things... Top movies for us- Well honestly I think the kids movies were my favorites this year... How to Train your Dragon, Karate Kid, Toystory 3 and Tangled were all so awesome and ones that I fell in love with as well! Ryan loved Inception and Sherlock Holmes. We both also liked Date Night, and Iron Man 2. And that's about all I can think of that were really that impressive. Music... well for us any new Blackeyed Peas were a must listen, we loved Rihanna and Katy Perry this year, Taio Cruz, Jay-Z and Alisha Keys New York song, and Miley Cyrus' song party in the USA. None of our teams did much of anything to speak of. We found out Brett Favre is a man slut, which all of poor Ryan's sports hero's are ending up to be that way :0.
All family and friends are doing well and we continued to strengthen all of those relationships. We continue to love where we live and pray that that will continue. Ryan didn't get any moving violation tickets this year.... HOORAY!!!!! and I think his favorite parts about this year were getting his Bronco and coaching football. One of my favorites was hiking the Subway with my family! For me this year was just about keep on keepin on. I tried my best to embrace my family and friends and start to develop some hobbies and interests. My kids are all in great health and excelling in their lives which as a mom helps me to feel accomplished, even though its really there accomplishment, but some how it makes me feel good to know that they are doing so good and on the right course!
New Years EVE we had the Schenks over for some fun. Of course there was yummy treats to eat, card games and movies to watch. It was a great way to close out the year, lots of fun and laughter in the comforts of your own home. We are lucky to have such great friends.
Looking forward to 2011 I feel hope and excitement and a calmness that the Lord will direct our lives if we but let Him and stay outta the way. I love looking forward to all my kids stuff they have going and continuing to strengthen me and Ryan's relationship. And I think for the first time in a long time I am going to try and put some of me first too! Thank you 2010 but don't let the door hit ya on the butt on the way out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment