Monday, December 13, 2010

Pennys for Papa

Ryan's Papa died in December of 1995and unfortunately I was never able to meet him personally. But after all the stories I have heard of this wonderful man and seeing the influence he had on Ryan's life, I just love this man. So we went to visit his grave with some of Ryan's family and our girls to pay tribute to a wonderful man. At his funeral a poem was read about how every time you see a penny it is from the one you have lost in heaven to remind you how much they love you. So we put penny's on Papas grave.
Crazy part of all this is that he is buried within 30 feet of my grandparent who died in 1998 and in 2002. So we got to visit them to and tell my girls about my wonderful grandparents and how much they meant to me as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment